Roofs perform such an essential function in providing us with a shelter that it is vital to keep up with repairs. But every roof has a lifespan, and “keeping a roof over your head” can sometimes require replacing your roof. A free roofing estimate from professional contractors is one of the best ways to start learning what your roof will cost.
Several factors that can drive that cost up or down. If you need your roof replaced, your best bet to get an accurate quote is to request a free estimate from your local, trusted roofing experts.
How Do You Estimate Roof Replacement Costs?
Your roofing contractors will be able to perform a free assessment of your home’s roof to go over your design needs and provide a roof estimate cost. Several factors are considered when getting a roof estimate, including:
- Size of your roof
- Roofing material used (for example, an asphalt roof estimates are typically lower than a slate roof estimate)
- Pitch (a flat roof will need less material and labor time than a steep roof)
- How your roofing material must be applied to your roof deck
- The current amount of layers of shingles/materials (removing old layers can require more time)
- Where you live and the code requirements for your roof
- Any custom design aspects of your roof (skylights, chimneys, plumbing pipes or other adornments that must be considered during the installation)
What Should a Roof Estimate Include?
When you are getting a roofing estimate from a trusted professional, it’s important to understand how your roof estimate is calculated.
Your roof estimate will account for the material type as well as the size, pitch, and shape of your roof to assess much your project will cost per every square of material and how much labor will be needed. Any particular design aspects to your roof will also affect labor costs, such as chimneys and skylights. Your roofers will also inspect for problems with your ventilation, gutters, and chimneys to understand if they need to perform particular work to fix them during the roof replacement.
While roofing estimates are a great way to get a sound idea of cost, your roofers will explain there may be overhead costs when they provide their quote. This means you should always budget extra funds in case.
How Much Do Roofs Cost to Replace?
Many factors can affect the cost if you get a roof estimate in NJ. According to Angie’s List, the average roof estimate ranged from $4,500 to $10,000 to tear off and replace a roof with basic shingles in 2016.
Of course, while roofing estimates are a great way to get a sound idea of cost, your roofers will explain there may be overhead costs when they get to the actual installation.